Christmas chimes not working

I have the first generation chime, and the Christmas tones do not play on the chime device. I can set it in the app, and it plays through my mobile device but will not play on the chime device.

12 Likes

HI @jcnevada. In the Ring App, try changing the tone to something different and then back to your preferred tone. If it still isn’t working, reset the Chime by holding down the reset button on the side for at least 20 seconds. Reconnect the Chime in the Ring App and try adjusting the Chime tone after it’s done setting up. Let me know if these suggestions work for you. :slight_smile:

I have the same Problem with the Christmas Ringtones. Everything was still fine with the Halloween ringtones.

5 Likes

I am having the exact same issue. I’m running iOS 15.1. I spoke with IT yesterday. All of the ringtones work with the exception of the Cmas / holiday tones. It’s gotta be a software issue. I’ve been checking to see if Ring has pushed an update, but nothing yet.

6 Likes

Having the same issue too. Now I have an upset relative as they thought we were ignoring them :sweat_smile: Only for the Christmas ones this happens on, even trying to test the sound within the app doesn’t do anything.

5 Likes

Same problem. Christmas option appear in app but will not play on chime.

5 Likes

Same problem. The rest of the chimes work fine.

4 Likes

Yep, exact same. Let me know when software fixed. Thx

4 Likes

No, none of these solutions fix the issue.

4 Likes

I’m having the same issue. Has anyone found a resolution for this issue? Haven’t seen any new responses from Ring support other than the one post. I tried that reboot 3 different times including a factory reset and new setup. Still no success.

4 Likes

i have the same issue they worked last year and halloween worked but not this year … anyone heard if it will be fixed

3 Likes

Same issue for me too

1 Like

I am having the same issue and I am at least happy to find out it isn’t just me and my system! I have tried resetting and reconnecting and still JUST the Christmas tones are not working. I hope Ring responds with a solution before it is too late.

5 Likes

Same here, switched chime Pro to christmas chimes and won’t work, infact the doorbell is blue circling now and not working ?

1 Like

Now after trying to switch the chime to christmas everytime the bell is pushed it goes blue circle and resets ?

Hi neighbors! After swapping the Chime tone in the Ring App, please ensure you wait at least 5 minutes before testing the Chime. If the regular tones are playing but the holiday tones are still not playing, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here so they can take a closer look at this. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

All of the ringtones work with the exception of the Xmas / holiday tones. Works on app for iPhone but not on the actual Chime plug-in doorbell… Halloween and turkey worked fine.

4 Likes

Same issue here. Thanksgiving turkey works. None of the Christmas tones work. I can set the tone to them but the test sound button doesn’t work nor does ringing the doorbell. Only Christmas sounds don’t work. I have resettled and no avail. Clearly a software issue

5 Likes

Same issue. Apparently they are investigating. Assume the latest firmware update has a bug. Be nice if they actually pushed solution before Christmas.

2 Likes

****** UPDATE!!! ******
Sort of…… clearly it’s a glitch!!! I replaced my original Chime with the antennas with a Chime Pro and it works!! I know that doesn’t help the old school chimes but if Ring doesn’t give a F, here ya go.

Original post:
Ok this is different. I have two chimes in my house. It works on the chime pro but not on the regular chime. I’ve tried resetting it, reinstalling it, nothing.