Christmas chimes not working

Same issue here. Xmas tones do not work.

2 Likes

Same here, Christmas Chime Tones not working.

3 Likes

Hi everyone ,

I just called the ring number and let them know whatā€™s going on, so hopefully they can get this fixed. I have been having the same issue with my Chime Gen one. Iā€™ve updated it and reset it 5-6 times and everything to no avail. The Christmas tones simply arenā€™t working on many devices. Halloween and the turkey gobble worked fine. I let them know that this is an issue for many people, and told them they need to look at this forum and see how many people are having these issues.

If anyone wants the number to call Ring, itā€™s
1 (800) 656-1918. Maybe if enough people call and complain they will get it fixed before Christmas. Iā€™m pretty bummed because I was most looking forward to these tones. Fingers crossed they can get it fixed!!

9 Likes

My Christmas tones wonā€™t work on the device either. The turkey sounds still works. Please fix this soon.

1 Like

Exact same issue for me

1 Like

My chime Pro is having the same issue, honestly thought that Ring would have sorted this by now :pensive:

2 Likes

Same problem as initial poster. Performed all steps outlined and the Christmas/Holiday tones do not work on 1st Gen Chime Pro

1 Like

Same issue Christmas chimes donā€™t work. The thanksgiving and Halloween worked fine. The Christmas chimes worked last year as well. Come on Ring, add some new chimes alsoā€¦

2 Likes

It is not working for christmas ring tones only.

1 Like

I have a normal ring chime and a chime pro. The Christmas sounds work fine on the normal chime, but they donā€™t work on the chime pro :frowning:

1 Like

Same here! I have a 1st gen chime pro and same problems. Get with the party, Ring!

2 Likes

Same here. The Grinch has stolen Christmas. Come on ring get it fixed. Christmas is not going to wait.

2 Likes

We have a Ring Chime (1st Gen), a Chime Pro (1st Gen), and a Chime (2nd Gen). The Christmas tones loaded onto the Chime (1st Gen) and Chime (2nd Gen), but the Chime Pro (1st Gen) has not loaded the Christmas tones. All the tones are on the selection list, but after selecting a Christmas tone, when tested, nothing but silence for the Chime Pro (1st Gen). I Facebook chatted with a Ring Tech and sent them screen shots of the health page of each chime. They responded with the usual, ā€œWeā€™ll look into itā€. I test the Chime Pro (1st Gen) daily to see if the Christmas tones work, but so far no luck. I doubt if they will correct it this season.

3 Likes

Xmas ring chimes not working. Spoke with ting support but they donā€™t have a clue

2 Likes

Merry Christmas RING!!! Spent countless hours wasting my time troubleshooting my Ring Chime Pro, even putting it up for bid on Ebay! As a last resort, I decided to Google the problem. Guess what I was right. Ring just happened to have a firmware issue with ONLY the Christmas chimes on their software.

And there are just enough shopping days for people to get on Amazon and order the NEW 2nd generation Chime Pro thinking it will resolve their problem for when family comes over on Christmas night and rings the doorbell.

Merry Christmas RING and a Happy Frickinā€™ New Yearā€™s!!!

3 Likes

Same problem here. I have done it all including the factory reset and still nothing. We should not have to buy a newer device to have it work.

Please issue a firmware update.

2 Likes

Same issue here. Chime Pro gen 1 not playing Christmas tunes. Chime gen 1 works fine. Clearly a firmware glitch.

1 Like

Mine too. Only Xmas tones do not work. I have tried everything.

1 Like

Our Christmas ringtones are not working either. Iā€™m so glad I checked here, as was getting the hump!
And Iā€™ve missed people at the door!!!
Thanks Ring, nice to know Iā€™ve paid so Much money fir all of the gadgets for your speedy resolution.

2 Likes

Iā€™m sure theyā€™ll say we will have to upgrade to the next gen.

2 Likes