Chime Pro finds Ring doorbell but won't connect it to chime pro network

I purchased a Chime Pro because one of my doorbells has a poor connection. I plugged in the Chime Pro to an outlet right by the doorbell, connected it to the app and network just fine and it has a good signal.

When I go into the Chime Pro and try to connect the doorbell to the network it fails repeatedly.

Every time it says “searching for ring doorbell”, “ring doorbell found”, and then after 3 minutes or so the app says it could not connect to the doorbell.

To get rid of any “interference” issues, I got an extension cord and put the Chime Pro directly on the doorbell outside, and it would still not connect, though it verbally states that it finds it every time.

What could be the issue? These products are so frustrating.

The doorbell connects to the wifi’s poor signal fine, but not the new Chime Pro’s better network signal.

1 Like

The best way to get these Ring devices to connect will be to bring them closer to your router. This will help the Chime Pro extend wifi connection, and for your Video Doorbell to connect quicker. Please also ensure there is not a VPN enabled on your mobile device. For Chime Pros or Video Doorbells that support 2.4 Ghz and 5 Ghz networks, I recommend using the 2.4 Ghz network for optimal connection in most environments.

Suggesting you move the doorbell closer to the router is a useless solution because people have physically installed and connected the doorbell to the door frame! Likewise most people cannot move their router very much as it’s connected to the cable provided by the ISP where it enters the home. This isn’t just a network cable, so you can’t even use a longer network cable as an extension temporarily, assuming you even have one.

The whole point of the Chime Pro range extension unit is supposed to be that it increases the range of network coverage to get around this poor signal issue. If you need to have your Chime unit, door bell and router all together for setup to work then it needs to be made very clear in marketing that you need to do all setup before installation. For the vast majority of non-technically minded consumers this is all just far too complicated, time consuming and fiddly to deal with. It’s marketed as being very user friendly and easy to set up, which clearly isn’t the case!

3 Likes

Having the exact same issue, been trying to connect for the past two days and ready to return the chime pro as it now seems pointless. I am also getting an error that the PIN entered is invalid though it is what’s printed on both the back of the unit and on the instruction card. Is there any solution to this problem besides bringing them closer? That option is not possible.

Hi @user511798. If you’re not able to get the Chime Pro set up in the Ring app, try resetting it by holding down the reset button on the side for at least 20 seconds. After that reset is complete, attempt a fresh setup on the Chime Pro. To connect the Chime Pro to your Doorbell or Camera, ensure it is at about a halfway point between your router and Ring device.

If these suggestions don’t do the trick and you can’t get your Chime Pro set up or connected to your Ring device, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here for further assistance. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

I have the same problem.
The ring doorbell 4 is fixed to the front door and the strength of the connection to my router is above RSSI-70.
The chime pro is connected to my router with RSSI-30 to 40.
When I try to connect ring doorbell 4 to chime pro it says “found doorbell” but then “setup failed”.
Please help!
So far these units are useless.

I’m having exactly the same, please don’t insult our intelligence with the standard reset for 20 seconds response, I’ve spent £50 on a WiFi extender and all it’s done is given me another device, I might as well have bought a plug in air freshener, at least the room would have smelt nice, being sent back tomorrow

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.