Chime is Triggered for Wrong Device

I have a Ring doorbell at home and another at my office.

And I have a Ring Chime only at home, and set to trigger only for alerts at home, not the office.

But recently the Chime has been sounding when there is motion at the office.

I checked all my iPhone settings and there is no indication of a problem there.

What might be the issue and solution?

Hi @dupecoop. That shouldn’t be happening, do you have two separate locations in the Ring App for your home and office? Or are both Doorbells and the Chime set up under the same location? You can check your locations by tapping on the location name at the top center of the Ring App, which should bring up a drop-down menu of all the locations you have. If all of your devices are under the same location, I would recommend moving the office Doorbell to a separate location to ensure it is not linked up with your Chime at home.

Thanks for your reply Caitlyn.

The two doorbells are set up in the Ring app as two separate locations, one in NJ and the other in NYC.

So that doesn’t seem to be the problem.

Is there anything else I might check?

@dupecoop In that case, I’d suggest removing the Chime from your Ring account and then setting it back up again to ensure it is properly synced up with the correct Doorbell. You can remove the Chime by going into the General Settings and selecting Remove This Device. Once that’s done, you’ll just need to set it back up in the Ring App by following the steps under Set Up a Device. Let me know if that does the trick for you.

That fixed the problem. Thanks Caitlyn!

Caitlyn,

I spoke too soon. Today the problem returned. My NYC office Ring doorbell triggers my NJ home Chime. I checked all my settings and they seem to be correct.

I’ve attached two screenshots of my iPhone settings.

Any other suggestions?

John

@dupecoop Thanks for attaching those screenshots. Since the Chime is still alerting for the wrong device, it would be best for you to follow up with our support team directly so they can take a closer look at this. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

Hi Caitlyn, just wanted to post an update here.

I spoke with your support team and tried a few things. All my settings are correct, I reinstalled the software, restarted everything, etc.

The problem persists. This issue started after I installed the Ring app update on my MacBook Air several weeks ago. Is it possible there’s a software error that needs to be corrected?

Thanks Caitlyn, John.