Chime audio being saved to files

Hi I’m just wondering if there’s a way to stop ring from saving audio files of the chime in my files. I’m not talking about video of when someone rings the bell but it seems to just save the actual chime itself at least twice a day!! I’ll attach a picture and hopefully that helps this question make sense!!

If this is an android device, please check for any android apps that conflict with the Ring app, and also that there is no VPN enabled while operating the Ring app. Depending on if this file is showing in an app cache area or actually in your phone file storage, there may be a setting in place on the mobile device side. Feel free to let us know how this goes, and also confirm what mobile device type this is happening on. :slight_smile:

I have also same issue any suggestion for this so please reply. Thanks in advance.

I’ve just got this issue today. I have just deleted 400 .oga files which are all the standard “motion detected at your front door (chimes)” etc options.
I was on the phone to advanced technical support for about two hours in total, five different people.

There are no discernible settings and according to permissions, the app shouldn’t be able to access my phone storage at all.
I’m concerned it’s a security risk.

Hi @user63276. What Ring app version do you have? Are you using iOS or Android, and what OS is it on? Can you also share a screenshot of where the files are being stored? This extra information will help me have this looked into.

I’m having this exact same problem. I delete them over and over and over again and yet they keep coming back. 96 OGG files! All kinds of Halloween sounds and spoken ring notifications I cannot stand it! I have a Samsung s23+. I would really love to be able to delete them and not have them come back so I don’t have to scroll through a long long list of sounds when I want to change my contacts ringtone or notification.

And mine continue to get stored ON my phone into my audio files.