Ring Security Cameras

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring’s indoor and outdoor cameras.
D
Change modes for shared users
modes
battery-video-doorbell
shared-users
troubleshooting
wireless-security-cameras
Hi. My partner is a shared user on my ring app and lately it has been quite frustrating as she does not have the ability to change modes to home or away when she leaves the house and i am at work. She keeps having to ask me to do it when im in meetings etc. From what i can see there is no official documentation on if this specific feature is available for shared users. Is anyone aware if this is a feature that should be working and if so where can it be allowed? Thanks in advance. Dean

19-11-2023 11:32:21

Responses (7)

C
Hi @DJL085. Which Ring devices do you have, and are you subscribed to a Ring Protect plan? Shared Users should have access to change the Mode via the Ring app if you have a Ring Alarm system and a Ring Protect plan. We have some information on what Shared Users can and can't do in [this](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005235186-Controlling-Ring-Devices-With-Shared-Users-and-Guest-Users) Help Center article. If your partner is not seeing the option to change the Modes, can you share a screenshot of what they see on the Ring app dashboard?

21-11-2023 06:11:28

U
I have same issue. Shared users cannot change modes via the app (iPhone).

27-11-2023 03:10:04

C
Hey neighbors, I checked in with my team on this to clarify further. For Locations without a Ring Alarm, you should be able to toggle on Shared User access to Modes underneath the Modes Settings rather than in the Shared User settings. It will look like the screenshot below. ![image|230x500](upload://2M3FNXJK1USP4WnCyj85OKQGgMJ.jpeg) Keep in mind that a Ring Protect plan is required to have access to Modes. Make sure your Ring app is fully updated as well. If you do not see this option, please share a screenshot of what you’re seeing on your end.

27-11-2023 09:15:03

U

I have made this selection, where in the app will the shared user see the mode selections. We didn’t see anything in their dashboard. A screen shot of the shared user’s app would be helpful.

Thanks

NEVERMIND!
We did find it under their dash board. Must have been a delay in implementing the change.

16-01-2024 04:55:03

C

Hi @user74460. I’m glad to hear Modes are working properly for your Shared User now. Thank you for updating your reply!

19-01-2024 05:05:52

D

Hi @Caitlyn_Ring. I am sorry for the late reply i actually couldnt find my post and completely forgot as we were moving houses. I can confirm that this works and when i went into modes within the individual device instead of the main settings it works and my partner now has the options.

Thanks so much for your help.

07-02-2024 11:16:33

T

Hi @DJL085. We’re glad to hear this is working for you!

08-02-2024 04:07:52

J

@Caitlyn_Ring How about for locations with a Ring Alarm? Can my partner who is a shared user change modes on their IPhone? I don’t see this Shared User Access Option on my Mode settings.

I have Ring Cameras, the Ring Alarm system, and the Ring Protect Plan.

27-12-2023 03:48:17

T

Hi @JVR721. Yes, Shared Users can arm/disarm the Ring Alarm system if you’ve granted them access. You can also ask to check your partners phone to see what they have access to.

27-12-2023 05:18:31

U

I have the same issue on my Android Ring app, whereas I do have an active Protect Plan, a schlage lock connected to my Ring alarm system and even I, when I enter my lock code, the alarm system doesn’t get armed/disarmed automatically and I still need to push that app button or enter the code again on the Ring keypad. The setting option for the security system toggle is actually deemed and Im unable to turn it on/off. Same thing for my shared users

02-03-2024 08:50:28

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User