Change in notifications functionality

In the past, when I got a notification of motion from my doorbell, I could click the notification and it would open LiveView. This is the exact functionality I would expect and want.

Recently though, it seems Ring updated the app to break this functionality. Now when I get a notification and I click on it, it gives me the option to snooze the alert. This is just dumb. If I’m setting a notification it is because I want to see who is there, not snooze the alert.

How do I get my notifications to work the correct (previous) way??

Similarly, in the past, if I just missed a live event, when I went into my history, I could see the new event there within a few seconds and I could watch the recording. Recently though, I can’t see previous events for up to a minute or so and I have to keep going in and out of the app to refresh it. Again - we HAD great functionality, but now an update seems to have broken it. How do I get this back?

Hi @RHoule! Although the new text option in your notification banner is to “snooze”, the banner should still work the same. Instead of pressing snooze, please press above it in a “blank space” within the notification banner. This should still bring you to the Ring app, and the event, for viewing.

If not, try removing and reinstalling the Ring app on your mobile device. Feel free to let us know how this goes! :slight_smile: