Change battery on second generation

How do you change the battery on 2nd generation doorbell, it’s new at moment , but would like to know a year down the line when it’s older and not holding a charge

Hi @Bazz7777777. Are you referring to the Video Doorbell 2nd Gen, as shown on our website here? If so, then it’s important to note that this model does not have a removable battery. The internal battery is rechargeable, and you can charge it using the charging cable provided in the original box. I hope that helps clear things up. :slight_smile:

I was gifted a Ring Video Doorbells (2nd Gen) and was excited about it, until I realized it doesn’t have a removable battery. I can’t hard wire it, so I’m going to have to bring it inside once a month to charge. That’s not convenient. I have several stick up cams and a spare battery on the charger, super easy to swap the batteries around, don’t have to go hours without. Oh well, I was wanting a Ring Doorbell, just didn’t realize the 2nd Gen had this limitation. Oh well. I’ll save up for a Gen3.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.