Caulk for Floodlight

Is it ok to put caulk around the floodlight once installed? I only ask because when you install the plate there is that sticker the says to install down for drainage. But all my other outside regular light fixtures are caulked.

Hi @trcarroll210, for our Floodlight Cams, you will not need to use caulk for the installation. We advise against it as well, just in cause you ever need to replace the device or move it, putting this on top of the area could affect the product, which could possibly void your warranty. Silicon based caulking is fine because all you have to do is cut it with a razor, but putting even a silicon based here could inadvertently block the drain gasket which could affect the product and its warranty.

This is no longer true for all Ring Floodlight models. See Installing Floodlight Cam Wired Plus Security Camera – Ring Help

1 Like

Thank you for updating the Community with this great information, @davidg42! This is correct, our latest Floodlight Camera Wired Pro and Plus manuals do state that you may apply a weather resistant silicone caulk or sealant to the area around where the Floodlight Camera and junction box meet. This should help other neighbors who might have a similar question. Thanks again :slight_smile:

I’m confused. The instructions say to use silicon sealant and here it says not to. If I don’t use sealant, am I asking for trouble?