Carcam Be careful if you have Subaru with eyesight

Hello,
I have a 2020 Subaru Legacy w/eyesight assist.
I ordered and finally received my Ring CarCam dash camera on Tuesday. After setting it up I tested out the flash through the app and noticed when the flash was on all of the electronics and lights in my car flickered rapidly. Afterwards it stopped so I left it alone for about an hour or so until I left work. As soon as I left work a 9-1-1 call went out and I responded POV to help the crew on scene. I figured “perfect time to test the dash cam footage.” On the drive there everything seemed good until suddenly all of my cars assisted features, cruise control, lane control, pre collision, eye sight, drive assist etc all turns off and about every light on the dash illuminated. After completing helping the crew and leaving, I unplugged the obd2 cable and everything returned to normal a couple hours later.

The next day I plugged it back in and the car sat in my driveway most of the day. As soon as I left to drop my friend off at home all the the features again disabled and check engine and all the other lights came back on. I figured I’d leave it in for the rest of the ride to see if it resolved on its own or if maybe unplugging it last time is what resolved it.

On the leg back home, I noticed my car didn’t want to shift correctly into third and the RPMS would just increasingly go up, unless I let my foot off the gas and then it would shift.

As soon as I got home I called support and advised and it’s been unplugged ever-since. All the the problems are still there and it’s been about 10 hours now.

Thanks & Be careful!
Gary E.

I’m sorry to hear that you’re having these issues! I have a 2021 Subaru Crosstrek and I’ve had the Car Cam since 2/17 and have not experienced any of these issues. When you say you tested the flash, what do you mean by that? Also, what does your eyesight system look like? I know there are different versions. I have two cameras that do not sit flush to the dash like the 2023 versions.

1 Like

Hi @EM7G4RY. We appreciate the detailed information you have shared. I would recommend following up with our support team on Facebook by sending a private message to @Ring with any questions or concerns you have regarding your open ticket with support. You may also call our support team as you did before. Thank you.