Ring Security Cameras

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring’s indoor and outdoor cameras.
H
Car-cam shutdown to preserve battery life WHILE DRIVING in Gas Car
cs-support
car-cam
I’ve received intermittent notifications that my Ring Car-Cam is shutting down to preserve my car’s battery, even though the engine is still running. I could possibly understand this if it was installed on an EV, but this is in a 2014 Mercedes E350 Internal combustion engine. I have the camera set for maximum battery usage (delay shut down as much as possible), so I’m definitely confused as to why it would shut down, when the engine is running. (The Batteries are both relatively new … this model uses two different batteries in different locations) Having the camera shut down, while driving, sort of defeats the purpose of having it.

26-09-2023 01:04:04

Responses (2)

C
Hi @HCV_User. I'd suggest getting in touch with our support team for this concern, as they can take a closer look at things on the back end to see why the Car Cam is shutting down while the engine is running. You can reach out to our support team at one of the numbers available [here](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/213608406#callus).

27-09-2023 08:41:14

A

were u able to turn the camera back on when car start? advice from dead car cam user. don’t go to low battery mode the car cam will not turn back on when car start.

24-05-2024 05:57:13

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User