Car Cam Setup Failure

has anyone else seen the Car Cam fail to enter setup mode? I have a 2016 VW Jetta and am using the Ring app on an iPhone for the process. The cam is installed and I do get power as evidenced by the green light on top illuminating when the button is pushed. Once I scan the QR code on the enclosed paper and follow the instructions in the app, I get stuck at entering setup as the cam won’t flash the green ring. I have a strong WiFi and cell signal in the driveway.

So far I’ve tried:

Pushing the button until the green light comes on
Un-plugging and re-plugging the OBD II connector
Doing a hard reset - hold the button until the ring turns green then yellow three times in rapid succession
Swearing at it.

None of that has worked. Any word on others having such issues or where to return the cam would be appreciated.

Following. Same issue.

1 Like

Following. Same issue. Requested a replacement, but has not shipped yet. Disappointed.

Hi neighbors. When setting up your Car Cam, make sure your vehicle is parked in an area you have good wifi or cellular connectivity. If the device is still not able to connect, try rebooting the device by holding down the button within the circular status LED atop the device for 7 seconds. The light will quickly flash green and reboot, which takes between 20-60 seconds.

If your Car Cam is not responsive during the setup process, try driving your vehicle for about 30-60 minutes to ensure the battery is charged. If this concern persists, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

I have the same issue as well. Also got the exact same response from Caitlyn. It makes no sense since what good does having good wifi signal when the device hasn’t even been configured to USE wifi yet.
I don’t think she is reading (or understanding) the issue we are having since she has the same response to every issue everyone is having (no matter the issue is).

Oh well, I am returning mine. It is just a $200 paper weight.

I wish you the best of luck getting it resolved, but I wouldn’t hold my breath with Ring support.

Hi @zerofear. Since the Ring Community is a public neighbor-to-neighbor forum, my team is here to provide general troubleshooting assistance. We cannot see account or device information, so more advanced concerns do need to be addressed with our support team for in-depth troubleshooting.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.