Car Cam Exterior Notifications Not Working

Can’t find info anywhere on this. When I watch playback or live feed I hear a constant knocking sound while watching. Is anyone else hear this while watching live or playback on app. I don’t hear this sound at all in car.

1 Like

Exactly, this is a useless item. Basically what it will do is, if your car gets damaged from anything, it won’t record WHAT happened, but only after your car is already damaged and you won’t know. This thing is a joke. It is paper weight at best.

That makes no sense at all. You should be able to record forward and backwards that even the cheapest two way camera can do. This thing is pretty bad compared to Garmins and other 2 way cameras.

I would recommend buying the Garmin Dash Cam Tandem it is pure quality and you can record front and inside at the same time, captures motion etc., we use them also in our semi-trucks. Sadly Ring made a very bad product. The one they delivered to me was even defective and when I plugged it into the USB-C of my 2023 benz it fried the charging port somehow. I will be sending ring the bill for this along with the return.

The Ring Car Cam uses built-in sensors to detect a physical disturbance to your vehicle when it’s parked, such as an impact or break-in. It is not designed to detect someone passing by or just looking inside. When a physical disturbance is detected, the cameras will start to record and you’ll get a motion alert in the Ring app and can see what triggered it with Live View when your vehicle is connected to your home wifi, or away from home with a Ring Protect Go subscription. You can adjust motion detection sensitivity in the app to customize specifically for you vehicle and its environment. Adjusting the sensitivity may increase or decrease the number of events Car Cam captures.

If you’re solely interested in detecting disturbances inside of the cabin, we recommend enabling Interior Motion Verification. This feature monitors the inside of the cabin for activity when a disturbance is detected. If motion is verified, the cameras will begin recording and send you a notification. If you are interested in any disturbance to the vehicle, inside or outside, we recommend disabling Interior Motion Verification. For power or setup related questions, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here for troubleshooting assistance.

IMO the phrase ‘Motion Detection’ is a bait-n-switch marketing ploy to get us all on the hook without ever mentioning the slightest hint of truth - anywhere. Again, IMO, this should be relabeled as ‘Shock Detection’ which literally applies what it truly is. We would all understand what that is pre-purchase. Too bad they seem worried enough about selling any of these… for what it really is… to use such a tactic.

Thank you for the information. The marketing in this was misleading. I believe everyone thought it would act as all other ring devices act is that something that can be fixed with an update in response to motion detection

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.