Car Cam - Adhesive tab fails

The adhesive tab is unable to stay stuck to the car cam neck. The tab did remain stuck to the windshield glass. Support suggested I use 3M double-sided tape. I used the EXTREME version with the same result after 2 days. I then tried Velcro with the same result. I am now trying Velcro with nylon zip ties to secure it to the car cam neck. I believe the cause of this problem is the heat created in the car cam neck from normal use. Has anyone else run into this?

1 Like

mine keeps coming off the glass, tried superglue, still on!I think that the weight of the cam is why it won’t stay!I have yet to see a video of actually putting the bracket between dash and glass, don’t know if I am doing it right!!

Same issue here. Falling off the glass. Was looking for additional adhesive tabs to re-install but can’t find them from Ring.

Hi neighbors. We have this Help Center page that goes over installing your Car Cam and also includes a video. If you are having concerns with installing your Car Cam specifically with the adhesive tab repeatedly not staying in place on your windshield, it’s best to reach out to our support team for further assistance. Give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

As I had indicated in my initial note, I did contact the Ring car cam support team. The suggestion was to use 3M double-sided tape. I asked if 3M was the best for this, I was told that it was the original brand, not that there was any history of this actually solving this issue. The original adhesive tab had no issues sticking to the glass, it was not staying adhered to the car cam itself.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.