Can't turn off Event History Timeline feature

I hate the event history timeline… There’s no reason to remove the toggle on/off feature for people who don’t like to use it ,like most of this community. I have eight cameras and the alarm, if this simple feature is not reinstated I will be selling all of my equipment and moving on to a different company. That’s how much I hate the event history timeline

Marley and any other moderator from Ring who is monitoring this thread, surely you can see that this timeline feature is not wanted by enough people to give us the option to switch it off. It seems that Ring are not interested in what their customers want only what their software engineers think is a good feature. I’m sure some people must like it (mainly people who work for Ring) but as you can see there are a lot who don’t. Please give us back the option to turn it off.
Thank you.

I agree, they should have not taken the ability to turn it on and off, to force it is just not right, I never found it useful and for the people that do, it SHOULD be an option again!

I also hate the timeline feature. I have complained about it by telephone and email to customer support. Ring claims to support the community and their wishes but apparently they don’t even read the comments on their own website. I was happy when I was able to disable this feature, but now I am very unhappy with ring support. They should make this feature optional. Ring, please listen to the community.

Marley, if you are truly trying to improve the ring community then why not listen to people in this thread. Obviously many people hate the timeline feature. What is the harm in making it optional? I have hated this feature since it first came out and I was happy when I was able to disable it. Now I am very unhappy with ring customer service and engineering. I would not recommend ring products to anyone until this feature is made optional.

Very disappointed in Ring support in general. So many responses from Ring support that are completely wrong, and now the lack of response to optionally deactivating an obfuscating feature that large numbers of people do not want.

It appears there are few options other than looking for alternatives.

Newest event history “enhancement” on Android app puts a useles screenshot on each video line. As a result, a video is no longer highlighted with color when you watch it. So, you have to guess which video is next when you return to the list. Yes, I’m aware of the horrible timeline and choose to avoid it. I’m really getting sick of mandatory “enhancements” that add no value. It’s a weak attempt to justify a 40% subscription increase and barrage of Amazon marketing. I hope this camera dies so I can justify buying something else.

I just noticed in on my iPhone as well, and like you, I’m not happy about it. If we had some options about how it looked and behaved, it would be a different story, but Ring doesn’t give us any options for most anything app related. Besides not being highlighted, I find the preview just takes up more space on the screen and is really annoying if you’re trying to scroll through several days worth of history. Ring, are you listening to anyone here???

Also not happy I’m forced to use the time line feature. In the past I had an issue with the audio being very low and hard to hear at the doorbell and on the app if I was talking to someone. I learned removing the timeline feature fixed the issue. Now I’m having low audio at the doorbell again and can’t fix it because of this stupid feature no one likes.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.