Can't Setup Replacement

Just recieved a replacement Video Doorbell . Ironically this 2nd one doesn’t work either. I can’t get it to connect to the wifi during the intial set up. Won’t get pass the connect wifi and everytime I try set up using the QR code it says “” You may have scanned a different device. “”

Hi neighbor. What device are you trying to setup and what type of phone are you using for the setup process? I would ensure that you are on the latest version of the app before you attempt the setup. If you are unsure what version you are on, you can just remove the Ring app from your phone, reboot your phone, then reinstall the Ring app. This will prompt you to login, and proceed with the setup.

If you’re having trouble with scanning the device, you can always select “Setup without scanning” and follow the on screen prompts. If you need help with this, out support team is here to help! Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Hey neighbor! Check out our Help Center article about QR codes for setting up your Ring device. While this article is about Alarm devices, all of your Ring device models will have a QR code either on the device itself, on the quick start guide insert, and on the packaging. As Tom mentioned above, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.