Can't see snapshots option in one camera

Hi. I have two stick-up cams (they’re identical to each other). One has the option to turn on Snapshot Capture, but the other doesn’t provide that ability.

If I go into Device Settings for the second camera, my options are as follows:

Video Settings

Snapshot Capture

Alert Settings

Privacy Settings

General Settings

Partners

The other camera has these options:

Video Settings

Alert Settings

Privacy Settings

General Settings

Partners

Can anyone explain why Snapshot Capture isn’t available in the one camera? Or what I can do to get it enabled?

thanks…

1 Like

Hey @DragonDave. Please check out our Ring Help Center Article here. In this article we explain Snapshot Feature and that it is not fully available to all Stick Up Cam 3rd Generations. You may find that one device that is a 3rd Generation has it while one does not, and this is because we are still slowly rolling it out to these devices. We are hoping to complete the rollout to all Stick Up Cam 3rd Generations before the end of the year! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the info!

1 Like

How do I find out what generation camera I have?? I bought them roughly around the same time.

Hey @DanT. Are you able to post a picture of your device here? Usually with a picture of the front and back of your device, we should be able to help isolate what generation of the device you have! In addition, if you’re unable to get those pictures, you can take a screenshot of your Device page that lists your devices, as the small thumbnail may also help us in isolating what device you have. :slight_smile:

The problem I have it was on the camera but has now disappeared. It’s on my other camera and I don’t see why I should pay a subscription and I am not receiving everything ?

Hi.

I have a similar problem, but on a Ring Video Doorbell Pro.

The Snapshot Capture option is not available in the Video Settings menu.

The Ring web site said all Ring devices support the snapshot capture except for the 3rd gen stick up cameras?

Does anyone know why I can not see this option on my camera?

Richard.

Hey neighbors! If you are not seeing this option in your settings but you have a device that should have it, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

I still ha e this issue on 2 out of the 4 stick up cams I have. All running same firmware and all the latest cams.