Can't get ring doorbell 2 off mounting bracket

Help getting mounting bracket off

Any updates on getting it off the bracket?

Just prize the back cover away from the bottom corners with a thin blunt blade . I used an iPhone opening pallet.

Don’t use a knife, blade, sharp object, etc!

If you hold the sides of the doorbell, in the middle, and hold the side edges of the bracket, 3/4 down toward the bottom, then wiggle the bracket a little and gently pull apart, they suddenly pull apart suprisingly easy.

1 Like

Had same problem as everyone, really annoying. Take a small screwdriver to the very bottom edge of the ring doorbell right where the bracket comes together. Just slip it in carefully on the edge and should just separate with a little bit of a twist.

Hope this helps

Tightening the security screws all the way and then removing allowed me to pivot the baseplate bottom out on the Ring Doorbell 2, thanks.

Thanks! This is maddening.

Turn the unit to the side put a butter knife between the bracket and the unit and it will separate.

I have the same issue, screws are not in place.

These posts saved me time and fingernails, also no screws in place or in packaging.

1 Like

So frustrated. Got V5 model - mounting bracket attached. No idea how to get it off. I am ‘assuming’ the batteries are already in there. There is no tool like I’ve seen in the videos I 've watched. Ready to return it and go with another company. The instructions do not show how to get the bracket off. Any suggestions other than sending it back?

Hey neighbors. The responses I’ve quoted below can help demonstrate how to remove the Doorbell from the mounting bracket.