Can't get ring doorbell 2 off mounting bracket

I totally agree! Put it in the instructions!!!

It’s insane!!! Thanks for posting!

You open it from the side with your fingernails

Re: Can’t get ring doorbell 2 off mounting bracket

Hi neighbors! I wanted to share a very helpful video that shows exactly how the mounting bracket is separated from the Ring Video Doorbell 2nd Generation. This link HERE will take you to our YouTube channel where the procedure is found 20 seconds into the video. The Ring YouTube channel has lots of tips and tricks!

1 Like

Thank you! this comment is the one that actually got mine apart!

1 Like

It was simple by pushing my fingernails under the edge on the SIDES of the bracket and pulling. It came right off.

1 Like

It’s held by a strong magnet. Hold at the center and pull apart gently.

1 Like

Turn the unit to the side and put your finger nail between the unit and the wall mount it will open up

I had the same problem…5 minutes ago. I took a case knife and gently inserted it at a the bottom of the doorbell and slid it upward…came right off.

Eureka! Unable to brute force it apart, so I inserted multiple fingernails between the backet and the doorbell near the bottom of the unit and gently pried them apart. They parted surprisinly easy. Once slightly pried apart, the bracket and doorbell actually fell apart. The User Guide is very poorly done. Eureka!

Thanks that’s a great help I thought it would but didn’t want to force it.I used a small flat blade at the bottom and it opened no proble.You should sign up with ring ?

Hey, just need to pull from the middle:

https://youtu.be/r4PHhivFp48

https://www.google.com/search?q=cant+get+ring+doorbell+2+off+of+mounting+bracket&rlz=1C1PDZP_enUS785US785&oq=cant+get+ring+doorbell+2+off+of+mounting+&aqs=chrome.2.69i57j33i10i160l4.11248j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#kpvalbx=_Vrq5X7jGKKKB5wL5-7fYDg38

Turn device to the side , put your finger nail between the device and the mount to separate the too

Thanks
All sorted did what you suggested
Didn’t want to force it put a small flat prizer under bottom corners

I had the same issue. The screws werent in the bottom and still couldnt get it off. I have the newer one and the faceplate comes off but this doesn’t. I noticed that there’s a magnet on the back and it’s helping hold it on. I stuck a butter knife in between and it ended up popping off.

2 Likes

Help getting mounting bracket off

Any updates on getting it off the bracket?

Just prize the back cover away from the bottom corners with a thin blunt blade . I used an iPhone opening pallet.