Can't get live view even if I use rapid ring

I have done all the troubleshooting that they say to do my wifi is great I don’t get why every they tell you it’s the wifi it can’t just be that my wifi is download is at 240mps my uploaded is at 45mps the RSS runs from -28 to -10 there is nothing in the way of the router and the cams are less then ten feet away from the wifi router I don’t know what else to do can someone help me out

Hey there, @EvilBear949! Good call on moving the Ring device closer to the router and testing the Rapid Ring app. With Live View still not displaying or connecting, the next best step will be to try another mobile device entirely. Reviewing your event history in the Ring app, or when signed in at Ring.com via web browser, will allow you to confirm if any videos are being recorded for these events. If there are recordings that can be viewed, this means the Ring device is connecting to your network and communicating video.

If recordings are also not viewable, or no video is coming through for events, this could be related to network settings. Check out our help center article about ports and protocols to see if this resolves this video concern.

If none of the above steps improve video connection, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you finally something new to tty because I was at a dead end and I didn’t know about ring web browser I have to check that out thank you thank you

I use to be silent and just lurk on forums. I moderated a forum for many years and this is one forum where many peoples problems don’t seem to be getting solved. It’s as if Ring refuses to take any blame or responsibility for their gear they sell and provide firmware updates to.

I just recently ran into a playback issue causing my ring app to freeze up. After several hours of trying to get it to work, I discovered that the rapid ring and ring app don’t play well on the same device. Delete both apps. Restart your device, download ring again, don’t download rapid ring and give it a try. Not only did that solve my playback issue, live view loaded faster and kept working without errors.

This goes to show that Ring needs to have everyone on the same page. It appears the apps fight each other for live view priority. Hopefully this helps.