Can't disable motion notifications in Rapid Ring app

I live on a fairly busy street so I’d like my doorbell to record people passing my door, but not to give a notification unless the button is pressed.

It seems that this should be possible by switching off motion notifications in the Rapid Ring app (I use the Android version). However, it doesn’t work. Regardless of whether the toggle is on or off, I still receive notifications. The motion alert icon colour doesn’t change either, it just stays in the “off” mode. If I press it, a brief “motion notifications enabled” message pops up, but it never shows “motion notifications disabled” however many times I press the button.

Is this a known fault with the app, or should I report it?

Thanks!

Hi there, @Nerdy_Norm! This should certainly be working as intended. As long as the motion alert toggles are off in the primary Ring app being used, motion alerts should not be received. Please ensure that this motion alert toggle is turned off on both the Ring app and the Rapid Ring app. I recommend also using motion settings in the main Ring app, to further fine tune alerts and detection for the area. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

I have the same problem starting with the latest version of Rapid Ring and Ring Spotlight Cam (wired). Motion alerts are turned off in the Ring app and snoozing motion alerts in Rapid Ring has no effect, alerts are still popping up. I have reinstalled both Ring and Rapid Ring apps. The only way to disable motion alerts is to disable motion detection for the camera in the Ring app.

Hi @Oakwoody. I would recommend trying out our Modes for Cameras. This feature allows you to disable select Cameras for specific Modes. You can learn more about this feature here.

If this doesn’t address your concern, I would suggest reaching out to our support team to assist you further. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Make sure your notifications are enabled in the Ring app. Go to the device you want to check and make sure the buttons for both Ring Alerts and Motion Alerts are set to the blue “On” position. Note: Notification settings have to be set individually for different devices.