Can't Add Shared User - Customer Service Dreadfully Bad at Their Jobs

I added my mother in law as a shared user and gave her access to my camera as well. However, she has not been able to access my camera. She informed me that customer service reps in the chat told her that I didn’t give her access. This is incorrect, however. In the screenshot, it says that she has also not responded to my invitation… This is also incorrect. There are clearly some technical issues involved here… The customer service rep was also unwilling to assist my mother in law any further, so I’m getting a little frustrated now. What can you do other than what I’ve done in the screenshot below to give access to a device to another user?

Good grief… We both just tried customer service to no avail. They’re so unhelpful and clearly lacking in the skills necessary to assist us. What is it going to take to change this so I’m getting what I pay for? A lawsuit?

Hi @James9. As this is a neighbor-to-neighbor support forum, we won’t be able to look into your account to see what may be causing this but I can try and provide some helpful suggestions. You’ll want to make sure the email address you used for the invite is the same as the one your mother in law uses for her Ring Account. Additionally, she will need to accept the invitation that is sent to her email inbox in order to have access to the Ring device in the Ring App. You can find the Shared User instructions in our Help Center Article here. Finally, you can try to tap Remove User and repeat the steps if it is not working.

If none of these suggestions do the trick, then I would suggest following up with our support team again. Since we’re not able to look into your account specifically, we can’t provide any deeper troubleshooting steps as our support team could. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

I just experienced the same issue and followed all of the steps. Disappointed that this is still going on.