Ring Video Doorbell

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Rings wired and battery doorbell.
U
Cannot turn off vpn on my phone
wifi
battery-video-doorbell
android
troubleshooting
I am unable to turn off vpn on my phone due to company installed and managed security package. I used to be able to set up ring stuff with vpn, how do I do it now or what do I request is allowed through the vpn? This is seriously frustrating and only caused by a change in WiFi due to upgrade.

11-11-2021 11:42:36

Responses (6)

C
What did you do in the end?

03-10-2022 03:00:19

C
Hi neighbors. As mentioned in [this thread](https://community.ring.com/t/trouble-using-ring-and-nord-vpn/7829/2), the Ring app does not support the use of VPNs. Using a VPN while trying to access the Ring app or Ring.com will likely result in error messages, and you will need to either disable your VPN or go into your VPN's settings and set it to exclude Ring traffic.

03-10-2022 11:32:39

U
Hello I've the same problem this evening with VPN hindering set up. However if I hope to get it switched off to complete the set up. When it is switched back on. Will I be able to use the app as normal?? If not I had better return the items quick... Please inform

30-03-2023 05:40:53

U
So do you recommend I send it back and start again Or is there a get round?? Can I humbly suggest that this is made clear before purchase. ... I don’t think VPN is exactly Unique

30-03-2023 05:48:01

C
Hi @user40956. You would need to either turn the VPN off while using the Ring app, or check your VPN's settings to have Ring traffic excluded from the VPN. I can't speak to exactly what settings are available, as this will differ between VPNs, so you may need to reach out to your provider for assistance with the VPN settings specifically.

30-03-2023 07:42:22

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User