Cannot purchase protect plan

I have tried to purchase the protect basic but when I log into my account it says no plan needed because it doesnt have any devices. In my App the device is fine. Ff I try and register the device again it says it is already taken

Hey @Sherry3029. Are you the owner of the Ring device? If you’re a Shared User, you cannot purchase a Protect plan for the device, as it will need to be purchased under the account the device was originally set up under.

If you set up the device under your email, it sounds like you may be signed into an account with a different email address than the one you are signed into on your Ring App. You can double-check this by opening the Ring App > Main Menu > Account and you will see your email address listed there. You’ll want to ensure you’re signing in on the website with the same email address as this one.

If you’re signed in to the correct account and you’re still running into the same concern, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers availablehere. They’ll be able to help make sure you get signed up for the Basic plan. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19here to see how to contact support.