Ring App

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring app features, settings, and more.
U
User Solution
Closed
Cannot login on App
trending
app-settings
account-settings
cs-support

Hi all, I cannot login to the app on my phone, spoken to ring for 30 minutes who told me I need to speak to my network provider or there is a VPN setup in the background that I don’t know about.
My phone says there is no VPN, I have turned phone off and on again, deleted and reinstalled the app.
I am at my wits end as I don’t understand why it’s not working, has anyone overcome this please?

09-12-2023 12:36:39

Responses (7)

C
User Solution

Hi neighbors. If you’re having issues logging in on the Ring app, please ensure your Ring app and phone’s software are fully updated. Verify that no VPNs are active on your phone, and check that you are using the correct account email and password. Check your phone’s browser settings to ensure cookies are not blocked, and that Javascript is enabled.

If this issue persists, or you’re seeing an error message that states “Sign in failed. Try restarting this app or check for an update in your mobile app store. (reference: xxxxxx)”, please follow up with our support team to investigate and troubleshoot further.

28-12-2023 05:56:50

V

I am also could not login to the Ring App and seeing an error message that states “Sign in failed. Try restarting this app or check for an update in your mobile app store. (reference: xxxxxx)” after upgrading the new iPhone 15 Pro Max. The same password still works fine with my iPad and the Ring website. I deleted the app, restarted my iphone and re-installed the Ring app many times, but the login still failed with the same above error message. I followed up with the Ring support team as suggested and talked to Banele. He said this is a trending issue (TECH-3206), so Ring has been investigating for the fix, he could not help right now. Please send me a notification when the fix is complete. Thank you.

07-01-2024 10:14:24

T
Hi @user70463. Let's start with some important information that we are missing. What type of phone is this and what version the Ring app is installed? Are you on cellular data or WiFi. Can you login on Ring.com?

12-12-2023 08:07:46

U

I am having the same problem. I have an iPhone 13 with 17.1.2 iOS. I deleted app 5 times. Powered down my phone. Shut off cellular. Tried with wifi. Shut off wifi and tried with cellular. Changed password to your recommended password. I have no VPN attachments.

Ring app version 5.67.0

I can login on my computer and other devices.

28-12-2023 01:07:44

U

Same exact issue here! Deleted the app, reinstalled, restarted the phone. I don’t have a VPN, and I can sign in through a web browser on my phone I just can’t sign into the app. My wife can access it fine on her phone but I’m the account owner and can’t sign into the app no matter what I do.

I even added a different email address as an added user through the homepage, verified the account and tried to sign into the app - same error message pops up.

Customers are completely locked out of our security systems and we keep getting this copy-and-pasted crap about VPNs.

This is a Ring bug - NOT a user issue. Ring, fix this problem!

iPhone 12 Pro running iOS 17.2.1

08-01-2024 06:58:01

U

I have exactly the same problem - and have tried EVERYTHING - several times. I can access on my iPad - but not on my phone

22-01-2024 02:48:50

U

I can login on the website and here so it’s not my details. I don’t have a vpn turned on I have deleted and reinstalled the app. My phone doesn’t need an update and neither do apps. When attempting to sign in message appears;
sign in failed. Try restarting the app or check for an update in your mobile app Store. (Reference cd7fe4).

The reference changes with ever attempt.

17-01-2024 09:34:33

U

I found a fix for me…
The app uses safari to login. So there were Adblocks/ security settings that were impeding communication. I don’t know why because I could still login just with a search engine separately. Possibly it was (prevent cross site tracking).

If you want to try this (if you have an iPhone).
Open settings, scroll to safari, under privacy and security there is a slider called prevent cross site tracking. It might be locked.
If it is locked scroll to the bottom and open advanced. Something here will unlock the slider possibly block all cookies.

Once I had disabled all the cookies/ad blocks and allowed cross site tracking I could sign in on the app. I could the switch all the settings back.

20-01-2024 02:11:46

U

Furthermore I just wanted to say that customer support could not help and the website is not optimised for mobiles properly. Also the support chat closes itself every 15 seconds or so on both mobile and desktop, safari and chrome making it almost impossible to use.

20-01-2024 02:17:15

U

Thank you so much for your instructions. Actually this worked perfectly. After turning off “ prevent cross-site Tracking “ off my I am able to log back in on my phone. I tried for more than month but couldn’t do. Finally this problem is solved. Thank you User74550

23-01-2024 10:39:51

D

Had the same issue and your fix worked perfectly!! Thank You!!

02-02-2024 04:01:47

U

THANK YOU. this worked FINALLY

08-02-2024 03:37:20

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User