Cannot locate QR or Entry key for Floodlight Cam

Where is the QR? I removed the whole assembly from the wall and couldn’t locate it. Where is it exactly? Any picture references are appreciated.

Hi @mrcorncob. The QR code or MAC ID for the setup process can be found on the back of your Floodlight Cam. If you experience issues with scanning the QR code or MAC ID barcode, you can select “Set Up Without Scanning” and select “Floodlight Cam” to continue through the setup process. You can find a complete list of the setup instructions for the Floodlight Cam in our Help Center Article here. I hope this helps out! :slight_smile:

Hi, I read the same knowledge base article but I cannot find the id or code. If I try to continue without scanning it asks for an entry key. I cannot locate any of these things. Picture references would be great. Thanks.

@mrcorncob I checked with my team and was able to get a photo showing approximately where on the Floodlight Cam you should be able to find this QR code. Hopefully the reference image below is helpful. If not, feel free to reach out to our support team at one of the numbers available here for further assistance. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ok perfect. So… in my case the previous homeowner must have removed these because there is no label on the security camera. I have two of these security cameras on the home I just purchased. I don’t have the original packaging either. The previous homeowner doesn’t remember removing the label nor has the original packaging.

Just to check my understanding here, sounds like I need to recycle these because they’re no good for me without those codes, right? If so, what a shame and waste.

@mrcorncob I’d recommend touching base with our support team on this matter so they can explore all options available for you. Our support team can be reached at once of the numbers that I linked in my previous reply. :slight_smile:

I did. They told me to recycle them. What a shame.

That is quite the outrage. You’re a better person than I, I would have raised the roof. I bought one new from Amazon and after we first activated them we threw the packaging away. It has no QR Code which means two things; 1: We were sold an older version but paid the same price as the other three we bought, and 2: It will be much harder, or impossible, to reactivate them now. Trust that Ring and I will be having a very long conversation into a solution.

@mrcorncob Do you still have them? I had the same issue and figured out a work around if you still do. The rep that sent you that pic here actually helped more than you realized. When you select the ‘continue without scanning’ option during setup it asks for an entry key, select your product, in my case was the floodlight cam wired pro and then enter the setup key 04950 located under the pictured QR code image and finish setup. Remember to hold down the button on top 30 seconds to get it to go into setup mode so it flashes the light. Hope that helps you and others with the same issue like myself that your post helped! Thanks

3 Likes

Same issue. No stickers anywhere. Not a problem. Call ring customer service and they walk you through how to set it up through your app. Verify your identity through the app with the prompts on the first part of your phone call, wait for customer service to answer, set up device, don’t have QR code, enter manually, hold button on top of your camera for 20 seconds, set up through your app and wifi, verify that it’s working through live view! Done!!!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.