Ring Video Doorbell

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Rings wired and battery doorbell.
Z
Cannot go to live view on ring peephole cam
troubleshooting
wireless-security-cameras
First time using Ring peephole cam doorbell and it's been a disaster. I've tried resetting my modem, unplugging my modem. Tested my wifi download is 512; upload is 44.54; ping is 36; my RSSI is only -26. I don't know what that means exactly but I can't live steam anything.

06-09-2021 02:34:53

Responses (5)

R
I'm having the same issue with my doorbell. Hopefully, there's a resolution.

06-09-2021 01:27:10

S
Lower rssi number is good, it goes from 0 to - 99. If you search the forum many of us are having issues with live view that ring has yet to cop to...

07-09-2021 11:15:59

Z
🙄 I’m about to ditch this Ring doorbell. I have been trying to get live stream for 3 days now and it’s not working. Even had the IT from my internet service come by and fix it and still isn’t working. I have the fastest internet on their plan too 😑 wtf is wrong RING?

07-09-2021 06:30:25

S
It's honestly a great product with poor software/firmware/app update implementation and poor customer service. One of my cameras that was offline suddenly is back online again, and I can see live view, see if yours has come back up or at least give it one more wifi power cycle.

08-09-2021 05:44:53

M
Hi there, neighbors! Great call on checking your wifi signal strength or [RSSI](https://community.ring.com/t/how-it-works-your-ring-device-rssi-good-vs-poor/229). Having a great wifi signal will help with the best video connection. When your internet resources are optimal for speeds, bandwidth, and signal, it's best to check other variables such as mobile device connection. Please ensure there is not a vpn enabled on the mobile device, and try using wifi connection only or cellular data connection, to test the difference. I recommend using the [Rapid Ring app](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/360028023571-Rapid-Ring-App-Information), as it is designed for the quickest access to live view. Feel free to let us know how this goes! :)

08-09-2021 03:22:30

Z
I tried everything. It's not working. Tested on both my mobile phone internet and my wifi and still doesn't work. I've been using the Rapid Ring app since day1 and it doesn't work. It's probably defected.

10-09-2021 02:11:48

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User