cannot enter four-digit passcode on keypad

on my keypad, I have the green light illuminated, which I understand means I have a charged battery. And I have the blue light illunminated which means that I am in the disarmed mode. When i press in my four-digit pass code, nothing happens. I am able to change the status from “disarmed” to “away” using my iPhone, but I cannot do so on the key pad. Am I supposed to press come other key first? I am sure that there is an easy explanation, but for all of the FAQs and videos, I cannot find one.

You have to enter your four-digit code and then press either the “home” or “away” button on the keypad in order to the arm the alarm. It wasn’t clear if you are doing that from what you posted.

https://community.ring.com/t5/Ring-Alarm/Alarm-Keypad-Lights-and-Buttons-Explained/m-p/222

1 Like

Hey @thehopes ! We recommend checking the Keypad device page to ensure it is online as well as checking for any updates. To update the keypad, please follow these steps:

1. Unplug the keypad
  2. Using a paperclip, tap the pinhole button in the back
  3. Wait for the white ring to flash
  4. Once it’s done flashing, plug it back in
  5. In the app, go to Menu > Devices > Alarm Base Station> Base Station > Firmware Updates
  6. Select the keypad
  7. Schedule the update

Let us know if this helps! :slight_smile:

that was the problem. It wanted two updates. I never would have known that if I had not gone to the “community”. It would be nice if Ring would send a message saying that an update is available and necessary. (If there was one, I did not see it.)

thanks a ton

1 Like