Cannot connect to ring while charging

I bought the solar charger for the ring video doorbell. The issue I come across is that when the door bell is charging, it no longer allows me to connect to the device.

I noticed this when I was charging the device on a standalone plug, but since it wasn’t being used or mounted on my door, it didn’t matter.

The point of the solar charge is so that the doorbell battery doesn’t drain every few days and I can keep the door bell in it’s place, while it’s be charged by the sun. If it’s the case that connection is lost while the doorbell is connected to the micro-USB, then the solar charger is pointless.

Any advice/input would be helpful!

Thanks!

• Jason

Hey @Teeib. When you hook up the Solar Charger to the Ring Video Doorbell, it should keep the device trickled charged when getting enough sunlight. The Doorbell should not cease to work or fall offline when the Solar Charger is connected to it. If you are experiencing the latter, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.