Cannot connect anymore to camera/doorbell

A few weeks ago we installed our new Ring Pro doorbell + camera.
Sometimes our Wifi-router from Ziggo looses connection to internet, which may have happened this time overnight. Normally the ring system still keeps working, but this time not… After this, I was able to reconfigure the Chime. But not the Ring camera/doorbell, which now gives problems:
-the lamp is rotating fast as expected
-a voice says “ready for configuration”, but if I try to connect again via my (Android) mobile’s Ring-app, it tells that no device is found - which was just working well few weeks ago. So I cannot setup the Ring anymore. What can I do now?

Hi @frans.breed. Have you tried resetting your Doorbell? If not, I’d suggest doing so by holding down the setup button for at least 20 seconds. After the reset is done, you can try taking the Doorbell through the setup process again to get it reconnected to the wifi and back up and running. If this doesn’t do the trick, one more thing you can try is to attempt to set the Doorbell up on a different smartphone or tablet if you have access to one.

Should this concern persist, you can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. They’ll be able to take a closer look and help run through more in-depth troubleshooting steps. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

Hi Caitlyn, thank you for your quick response :slight_smile: ! Unfortunately the first 2 alternatives you mentioned did not help yet. But in order to minimize risks, I also requested the Ziggo provider to get me a new internet modem and splitter, because they seem to be old and sometimes fail. I will let you know the outcome as soon as I know more.

1 Like