Cannot change App Alert Tones - goes to Android System Settings

I cannot change App Alert Tones through the RING APP any more. I am not sure when this started, but I definitely was able to do this when I set up our cameras and doorbells. I am running Android OxygenOS 11.1.2.2. Have updated my RING app and also uninstalled it several times, emptied cache, deleted data on both Chrome and Ring app.

Whenever I go to Device settings for both video doorbell and Floodlight cam and select to change App Alert Tones, it redirects me to the System notifications settings and just says “App Provided Sound”. I don’t stay in the Ring App to scroll through all the different tones.

The only device I appear to be able to select different tones for is the Doorbell Chime. The Videos Doorbell and Floodlight Cam devices keep kicking me out of the Ring App into System Notifications settings.

I have searched everywhere and can’t find a fix, please help!!!

Hi @user81317. What Ring app version do you have? You can easily find this information in the Ring app by tapping on the hamburger menu on the top left corner. You will see the app version at the very bottom beneath “Help”.

It is 3.71.0

When I go to updates I am told it is the most up to date Version for Android.

Hi @user81317. Thank you for sharing that screenshot. You should be able to tap on “Advanced” and then select the tone of your choice. Be sure your phone is not on silent or vibrate when doing this.

No, it only gives me access to the android ring tones, I don’t have access to the Ring App tones. Additionally it says " App Provided tone". I should stay in the ring app to select the time like all of the user manuals say, but for some reason it boots me out.

This is what I get if I try changing the tone on our Door chime. But I don’t get this menu anymore on our video doorbell or floodlight cam.

Hi @user81317. Thank you for providing these screenshots and sorry about the steps I gave you not working! We’d like to take a closer look at this. Please send us a private message on Facebook or Twitter @Ring. Feel free to include the link from this Community page in your message. Please let me know how they are able to assist you!

I had to close down ALL my conversation apps (Messenger, SMS, Phone etc) to be able to change ringtones. I have no idea why I had to do it, but it worked.