Cancel Ring Account

I am fed up with Ring and want to canel my account. I have removed my payment and contact information and changed my contact name, eliminated all devices and removed all shared users. I have changed my name, but cannot change the source email. How can I delete my account so I never have to deal with Ring again?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cancelled Subscriptions.

Hey @Cancelled_Subscripti. If you wish to cancel your Ring account and have it deleted, you can make a request following the information in our Help Center Article here. Please note that once you submit the request to have your account deleted, it may take up to 30 days to complete this request. Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns, and I’m happy to address them for you!

Although I do appreciate your reply, it simply doesn’t work as is evident by this message. After selecting the Delete My Personal Information Requests from the link provided in the help message, I was asked to type DELETE and press submit. I did and got no response. I tried a second time, no response. I hit enter, no response. From another browser, I attempted to login to the supposedly deleted account and the two factor authentication was sent to my email. If the account were cancelled and deleted, they would not have my email on file. Furthermore, I then looked up your message and clicked, REPLY where I had to login again and once again received the two factor authentication email. I never got a message that it would take 30 days to process and there is no excuse for removing my login ability to at least appear that Ring was responding in some way to my request.

This is complete and total excrement from a bull and a beautiful example of why I want nothing to do with your out-of-date service or hardware any longer. Terrible customer service and even worse product for outrageous prices. Gimme a break.

1 Like

Hi neighbor. Don’t worry, we’ll get through this together.

If your account was properly being deleted, you would receive an email confirmation.

If you would like, please allow us to take a look at the email associated with your Community account and we can take a further look into this for you (as long as it is the same email associated with the account you’re trying to delete). Thanks!

DITTO! Repeat, repeat, and repeat. Got 2 Ring stick-up cams, and even though the batteries die within a day I can’t return them. Got 2 solar panels but guess what - they don’t work with the stick-up cam! I can’t change the power source. Pitched a fairly impolite fit on the phone a couple of weeks ago (sorry, but it was deserved) and just got a run around. A supervisor finally agreed to send 2 new cams. Guess what? They don’t work with the solar panels. So I need to return them (the company DID send me a prepaid postage woot [sarcasm]) but am stuck with 2 stick-up cams with batteries that don’t hold charges and 2 solar panels that don’t work with them. $300.00 lost, along with untold hous playing with the things. Totally and completely disgusted and will spread the word as much as I can.

Sorry to hear about this, @ppwhite. This is not the experience we intend. Feel free to check out our return policy page to see if this information applies to you. If you wish to cancel your Ring account and have it deleted, you can make a request following the information in our Help Center Article here. As you’ve worked with our support team recently, they will be the best to assist further with these concerns, or with processing any account requests you might have. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

I missed the 30 day return, which, in a pandemic, is useless. Like I said, the customer support person was unable to do more than repeat the same policy over and over and over and his manager changed one word and then repeated that over and over and over. I tried calling the support team and could never get through. I couldn’t chat as that function isn’t available right now. Basically the people I talked to could care less and the automatic help with “was this page helpful” wasn’t much better.

DONE with these. done, Done, DONE! Charged up the batteries last Saturday. Plugged them in again Sunday to be on the safe side. Put batteries back in stick-up cams Sunday afternoon. Guess what! Batteries are critically low. Going to harass people up and down and back and forth - want my $60.00 protection plan money back. These things have maybe worked for 3 weeks since September and we’re not going to keep pulling ladders out and charging up batteries. THREE HUNDRED DOLLARS DOWN THE DRAIN.

Actually THREE HUNDRED SIXTY DOLLARS with the protection plan. And the instructions you sent to delete the account? They don’t match the web page. More fun for me to now have to chat with someone to delete the account - can’t wait - that should only take an hour or so.