Ring Video Doorbell

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Rings wired and battery doorbell.
D
Can the US Voiceon my Ring doorbell be changed to a UK one?
battery-video-doorbell
app-settings
troubleshooting
Hi. I have a ring doorbell that speaks messages. The voice is a US woman. Is it possible to change the voice to a UK one?

29-09-2022 11:03:41

Responses (5)

T
Hi @doverrog. Can you tell me a little bit more about this voice? When does this voice activate? What does it say? What specific model of the Doorbell do you have? What version of the Ring app do you have installed and what type of phone are you using? This information will help me better assist you. Thanks, neighbour!

29-09-2022 07:26:48

B
They are likely referring to the motion alert “Motion detected at your [front door]” available on door bell models. The spoken alert is handy if you have multiple cams, but the American accent is rather…grating.

05-10-2022 02:29:54

J
I also have this question. It says the Ring app takes the language setting from the iOS language setting. My phone is set to UK English yet the Ring still uses the US accent. I assume this means it is NOT using the iOS language setting, but the location setting. Unfortunately, as we know changing the location settings to the UK causes major problems with the app store. Note, I’ve noticed recently Google maps has the same issue.

29-10-2022 12:41:31

U
Hi I have the same question, would like to change to U.K. accent as in tbd Uk

14-04-2023 12:15:52

B
I too have this problem. It is incongruous to have an American voice on a UK-based Ring door bell. I have a Samsung Android phone so the reference to iOS is meaningless. My car satnav offers a variety of male and female voices so the technology is is there to support choice. Come on Ring - get with it.

19-05-2023 04:56:48

J
Hi neighbors. As of now, this is not available. As we value our neighbors' feedback, we've created a [Feature Request board](https://community.ring.com/c/products/24). Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place. Feel free to link that post you make in the Feature Request board here so other neighbors that come to this thread can easily find your feature!

22-05-2023 08:09:21

S
This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

21-06-2023 08:09:49

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User