Can’t pay in sterling for service plan

I’ve been trying to pay for my service plan in sterling but to no avail. I have contacted Ring twice, the second time they talked me through the steps and payment was still coming up in dollars despite my credit card being linked to my account. Ring said they would sort the issue at their side, they did this and said payment would now be taken from by card in sterling…today I have found the payment has been taken from my card in dollars and will therefore face charges from my bank. It’s taken me hours trying to sort this, Ring can’t seem to either, has this happened to anyone else?

Hi there, @Miche. When in the UK and paying for a Ring Protect Plan subscription, we accept Visa, Mastercard and SEPA, and more through Ring.com. Check out our help center article for all payment types accepted. As long as you are visiting the UK version of the Ring website and the location in your Ring app matches your region properly, your subscription should be charged in the form of GBP. You’ll see the page linked above will reflect this currency on the plans.

If you’ve checked the above variables and are still running into this concern when making a payment, reaching out to our support team will certainly be the best next step. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile: