Can’t connect with WFI

How do I fix this WiFi issue?

Hi @Carrje. What device do you have and what error message do you get when you try to reconnect to wifi?

Hi. I have the Ring Video Doorbell2. I’ve been trying for months to connect it to our home WiFi network. I keep getting error messages like “Incorrect password” when I know the password is correct. I’m about ready to give up. I’d appreciate any help you can give me. Thanks.

Hey @DarylHunt, happy to chime in here. It’s always a good idea to try refreshing the wifi connection on the phone you’re using to set up the Doorbell. Try going into your phone’s wifi settings and forgetting your home wifi network, then reconnecting by selecting your network name and typing in the password. If you have any special characters in your password, try changing it so it is only alphanumeric characters. Let me know how those steps work for you! :slight_smile:

Same issue. Floodlight cam -battery.

Definitely entering the correct wifi password, but getting red light error.

This camera was hooked up to the wifi previously, but after shutting it down to recharge the battery now stuck and unable to connect.

Have tried numerous times over the last few days. Defective.

Update: changed camera “label” from backyard to side and was able to get through password error. Not sure if related.

Now getting a green light error despite trying to connect right next to the router. Extremely frustrating as this device was already hooked up and working before I took it down to recharge.

1 Like

I’m having this identical issue and haven’t received ANY type of help. Ready to cancel my subscription and go with someone else. I’ve been burglarized twice since this issue began. If the camera would have worked, I would have caught the perpetrators on camera both times.

Hey neighbors! I’d also recommend attempting a reset and new setup of your Ring device after following my first suggestion above. To reset your Camera, please hold down the setup button for 30 seconds. Once that’s done, you’ll want to walk through a new setup in the Ring App by following the instructions under Set Up a Device.

Should the concern persist, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers availablehere. They’ll be able to take a closer look at your device and provide more advanced troubleshooting steps. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19here to see how to contact support. Feel free to let us know what support recommends, as it can be helpful for others! :slight_smile: