Can’t connect the WiFi with my ring

Can’t connect the WiFi with my ring

Do you see the white light on your doorbell circling around, flashing? Make sure battery is charged and pushed all the way in!

Light goes around until it goes out. I have restarted it and it still does the same thing

Battery is charged

Hey @harperhud, happy to chime in and offer some guidance here! Thank you for the advice @Venice, as we do want to make sure the battery is fully charged and inserted if you’re setting up a battery-operated Doorbell. If the setup is not finishing properly, try a reset by holding down the setup button for 30 seconds before continuing.

If your Doorbell is still not completing its setup after trying the reset, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers availablehere. They’ll be able to take a deeper look at your device and ensure it gets set up correctly. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19here to see how to contact support. Feel free to let us know what our support team recommends, as it may help other neighbors! :slight_smile: