My Keypad has been working but I recently got a new router with new WiFi network name and I can’t get the keyboard to recognize through the app’a “add a device” route. I read the instructions on the ring site for doing a factory reset, but mine doesn’t respond as they describe it should. I hold down 5 and insert the paperclip in the reset hold and nothing ever happens. When I remove the paperclip, it seems to reboot and then my network light goes red again. Suggestions???
Hey @jdfrank99. Is the Keypad showing as waiting to connect to a network? This will be it’s connection to the Base Station, as it connects to Z-Wave to the Base Station, not to your router. If the app is showing the Keypad as waiting to connect, please follow these steps:
- Plug in the Keypad in an outlet next to the Base Station and leave it plugged in
- Go into the Ring app > Main Menu > Devices > Alarm Base Station > Base Station > Gear Icon at the top right > Advanced Options > Z-Wave > Remove Z-Wave Device
- Once you hit the Remove button, you will see the app say “Listening for Devices”
- When it’s listening, press and hold the 1 key for 5 seconds, and the Keypad should spin
- If you see successfully removed, go back into Devices > Alarm Base Station and the Keypad should be online
If this times out or is not successful, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.
I am also having the same problem. It seems when I try to factory reset the gen1 keypad (hold 5 and press the reset button with paperclip), the wifi light does NOT blink, but rather goes solid red. I have removed the z-wave device several times (successfully), yet I am still unable to add the keypad.