Can my indoor camera be set to activate and record on sound from a loud noise?

Wondering if any way to do this. Or if anyone has suggestions for a secondary device that would make a bright flash or lights upon a loud noise, which would then hopefully trigger my indoor cam if it’s in view.

1 Like

Hi @DLN. Our Ring cameras are Motion Activated and although they do have 2-way communication, they are not activated by sound. As we value our neighbors’ feedback, we’ve created a Feature Request board. Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place. Feel free to link that post you make in the Feature Request board here so other neighbors that come to this thread can easily find your feature!

2 Likes

Any update to add audio-activation feature to camera? Like to record cars making loud burn out noise in front of house.

Dear Ring.com,

PLEASE ADD THE PEEPHOLE CAMERA BACK INTO YOUR PRODUCT LINE. It is a LIFESAVER for renters.

Also, PLEASE consider adding back the sound-activated recording feature to your products. I live in an apartment complex, and my unit is situated at the top of a split staircase. In many cases, people don’t trigger the motion-activated recording until they are almost all the way up the stairs and just steps away from my door. I usually hear people entering our building and ascending the stairs way before they come into view. If sound triggered the recording, I would be able to see anyone approaching my door much sooner, which is what I want. This feature could be set up with an on/off toggle AND with a sensitivity slider (just like you have with motion). This would allow users to customize their experience. Users who want sound-activated recording can have it and can also adjust the sensitivity of the sounds captured. Those who don’t want it, can turn it off. Problem solved for everyone! Much appreciated!

Hey neighbors. Ring Security Cameras and Video Doorbells do not detect or record based on sound. This feature has been requested before, which you can find on our Feature Request board here. For the Peephole Camera, we have heard feedback to bring this product back as well. You can vote on that request here. The Feature Request board is how we gather and share new ideas with our teams here. Thank you for your continued feedback, we appreciate it. :slight_smile: