Can anyone help me get Schlage lock (BE469) working with Ring Alarm?

I’m stumped. I just found out Ring Alarm supposedly allows my Schlage Connect BE469 lock to work remotely over the internet again, so I bought a Ring Alarm system, set up the Base Station, and was able to add the lock using the “Set Up A New Device” function in Ring Alarm (I selected the BE469 device).

However, although an icon for the lock was added to my Ring app, it’s showing as red, with “Critical Configuration Error”. When I click on it, the app shows a red exclamation point with “Can’t Retrieve Status”–i.e. it doesn’t seem to be communicating with the lock even though the lock was added successfully.

The Base Station is right next to the lock, so it’s not a question of insufficient distance. I tried removing and adding the lock, which did remove/add it in the app, but again the same configuration error/can’t retrieve status.

Can anyone suggest what to do here? I’m ready to return everything. If it makes any difference, I’m in Canada.

Hi @canadave. It sounds like you might need to contact our support team. They’ll be able to tell you more about this critical configuration error and determine the nest course of action for getting this lock properly installed. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.