Cameras reporting a motion, then nothing shows on history report!

As of about Oct 14, 2020, my cameras (all 4 of them) reported motion detected. I would get the notification on my phone. But when I check my history, the reported motion is not there! This occurs randomly amongst my 4 different cameras approximately 25% of the time!!!

Hi @mjmj. Do you have any of your devices linked? If you are using the Linked Devices feature, if one Camera picks up a motion, all of the Linked Devices will record. This may be why it is reporting a motion that you are unable to see. Additionally, you can try adjusting your Motion Settings to optimize how your device picks up motion. It is also important to note, that when a device picks up motion, it will take a few minutes for this event to be logged in your Event Timeline. I hope this helps!

Tom,

None of the cameras are linked!!! This happens with all my cameras at random times.They are NOT recording the same events simultaneously! Also, they are using different routers, , some meshed, some NOT meshed. AND It happens with different ring cameras at totally different locations!! The only thing common to all the cameras is the Ring network itself!!! Again, I get notifications for an event, but nothing is in the history!! This issue began mid October, never had an issue prior to that!!!

Hi @mjmj. In this case, it would be best to contact our support team to investigate what is happening with your Cameras. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.