cameras popping open when I am in ios app

Recently, when I go into the iphone app, one of the camera views will pop up if there is activity on a device. This takes over the app and disrupts what I am doing.

For example, I’ll open the iphone app and will be looking down my list of devices. All of a sudden, one of the cameras will pop open and start playing the live view (e.g. my kids playing in the back yard).

Is this a setting? Did I accidentally turn this on? How can I turn it off?

Thanks!

Hi @jmurz. It sounds like you need to toggle on the In-App Notifications for this device! You will need to ensure this is done on the device settings for each device you have (cameras and doorbells). Go into the Ring app > Main Menu > Devices > Select one device at a time > Device Settings > Alert Settings > Notification Preferences > toggle this on. When it is off, the Live View will automatically pop up when the phone is unlocked, but when this is toggled on, you will get a notification to view it or dismiss it. Hope this helps! :slight_smile:

I thought this fixed it but it is still happening. I tried unplugging and replugging in the device that was popping its video while I was in the app, but it is still occurring.

@jmurz Since this is still happening, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Let me know what they were able to do to isolate this further!

my bad, this actually worked.

1 Like

Thanks for letting us know, @jmurz ! Good work, @Chelsea_Ring :slight_smile: