Ring Security Cameras

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring’s indoor and outdoor cameras.
D
Cameras Not Capturing Motion
troubleshooting
wireless-security-cameras
motion-settings

I have eight first gen spotlight cameras. They are battery/solar operated. I believe they are about five years old. With time, they are no longer recording the start of motion and at times no motion at all. As an example I received a delivery at my front door, the entire delivery process was ignored. Recording didn’t start until I went out to get the package. Another incident was a car accident in front of my house. The first recording was when the police officer was getting out of his car. That was a full 20 minutes of motion that was ignored. It is not just one camera, it is happening on three that I know of with similar actions. Does anyone know some way correct his? Thanks for any help you may be able to offer.

10-01-2024 01:22:30

Responses (1)

C

Hi @dg4321. For motion detection issues, we always recommend reviewing all of the motion settings and making adjustments as needed. This includes the Motion Zones, Motion Sensitivity, and Motion Frequency (for battery powered devices). Additionally, verify that your cameras have a strong and stable wifi connection, as a weak or unstable signal could cause delays in detection.

Lastly, you can always try a reboot using the reboot option on the Device Health page. If you continue to experience motion detection concerns, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here for further one-on-one assistance. You can also get in touch with our support team on Facebook @Ring.

12-01-2024 06:43:32

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User