Camera won’t activate. Light won’t stop activating

For about a year now my driveway cam won’t activate properly. It worked fine for months then just stopped. So I got a range extender for my wifi because ring support is impossible to get in touch with and all the help options blame signal strength.

Done and nothing. Toy with it a bit and nada.

So foolishly after a few more months I decide to get another range extender for my garage (just feet from the camera) under the justification I spend time in there and I’ll get my camera back. Get things setup and it’s spotty the first day then back to normal. As I’m writing this the last footage is from May 26. I’ll still get all the alerts. I can turn the light on from my app. It even does all its health checks. But the camera itself will not record or stream. And ring support makes its paying community be the support group so I’m probably out of any warranty options.

I’ve tried pretty much everything. From a fresh install to redoing the WiFi network. I have camera way further away working perfectly. This one won’t do it though

Another issue I have is the new solar lights they have. I do like them a lot but I have one light in particular that won’t activate to motion because it just wants to be on constantly. It ignores the scheduling the others are on and if I activate motion on another light it pretends like it isn’t in the group. It’ll keep a dim light on by itself a lot even outside of hours. I’m pretty sure it’s just faulty at this point.

Hi there, @KaseyIRL! Thank you for the detailed breakdown of your concern. The RSSI reading you are getting there shows some indications of distance, interference, or both. Our Community post about RSSI helps to break down what these values mean, along with tips to optimize connection.

As a test, feel free to dismount this Camera and bring it inside near your router. From there, change the Camera connection to connect to the router, rather than the Chime Pro. Next, test video connection and recorded videos in that location.

If the Camera is not operating as intended when close to the router, try resetting it by holding the Camera setup button for 20 seconds.

If the above steps do not resolve this concern, this will need a closer look from our support team. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.