Camera Previews Not Available - Ring Outdoor Stickup Cam Plugin

Recently installed Ring Outdoor Stickup Cam Plugin. I also have a video doorbell and 3 indoor Ring cameras. When viewing the Dashboard via the ring.com website, I see “Camera Previews Not Available” for the Outdoor camera. When I view the Dashboard on my iPhone (iOS app), the preview shows up fine. All other camera previews appear fine on both the website and the iPhone. Sometimes when view via the website the Outdoor camera preview will appear, but it with very long update intervals (several minutes). WiFi signal strength is -58. Speedtest at that location is 30Mbps down & 30Mbps upload. I’ve reset the Outdoor camera and the WiFi router with no change. Thanks for any suggestions you can provide.

Hi @litzdog911. Do you have more information about this? What browser are you using and what version are you using? Are you using a VPN? Do you have Modes for Cameras active? This information will provide us valuable information and guide us in troubleshoting.

Thanks, Tom.

1. Windows 10 PC using latest Chrome browser version.
  2. No VPN.
  3. Not using MODES.

Regards,
Jim

I am having the same issue and it started a couple of days ago, but it’s on ALL my cameras.

Won’t go to live, just keeps cycling. Signal strength is fine and wifi is working, Camera feed is not being sent to the Dashboard. Firefox browser.

Hi neighbors, please try using a different web browser from the one you are currently using to see if the camera previews load properly. If a different web browser works, let us know which one. When testing a different browser, make sure it is fully updated.

Additionally, check and confirm that the previews are loading on the Ring app without issue if you haven’t already. If possible, please provide a screenshot of the error message you see on Ring.com as well.

Thanks, Caitlyn. Same issue with both Chrome and MS Edge. See photos. And, yes, the previews all load fine on my iPhone Ring App. I guess I can only upload one photo. Here’s the Google Chrome web browser.

And here’s the MS Edge web browser capture …

And here’s what I see on my iPhone …

Also note that sometimes the preview does appear. But not usually.

Here it popped up on my Chrome browser …

As mentioned earlier, the WiFi signal strength at the Outdoor Ring camera location was -57dB. I was able to increase that to -45dB by installing a Ring Chime Pro between the camera location and one of my mesh WiFi routers. That seems to have solved the issue.

But that doesn’t explain why my iOS devices always had preview images yet my web browsers did not.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.