Ring Security Cameras

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring’s indoor and outdoor cameras.
U
Camera offline after every battery change
troubleshooting
battery-security-cameras
For the past few months, anytime we change the battery on our stick up Ring camera it won't automatically go back online. We have to go through the whole set up process on my phone each time. This becomes a pain because I'm the primary account holder and my husband (who is the tall one to change the battery) can't go through the set up process without being the primary account holder. For at least 2 years we had zero problems with the connectivity, but now with every battery change the camera is offline until we go through the whole set up process. Anyone else have this issue?

21-03-2023 06:53:25

Responses (2)

T
Hi @user40123. The cam should automatically reconnect after the battery is inserted. What is the RSSI for this device? You can try a reset by pressing and holding the Setup Button for 20 seconds, then releasing it. You'll need to connect it to WiFi after this, but this should resolve your concern. Let me know if this helps.

23-03-2023 06:10:44

U
We have to do the reset every time we change the battery now and will fix it until it dies again. Then we have to repeat the reset/set up process. Also what is the RSSI?

04-04-2023 08:58:22

C
Hi @user40123. The RSSI is a measure of how strong the wifi signal strength to your Camera is. You can learn more [here](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/217271526-Checking-Wifi-Signal-Strength). It can be checked on the Device Health page in the Ring app. A weaker or unstable signal can make it harder for your Camera to automatically reconnect to wifi. If the signal strength looks good, I'd recommend following up with our [support team](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/213608406) to look into this issue further.

06-04-2023 04:29:53

U
I practically have my wifi router next to the camera and almosf a 1G of upload download but still the rung plus spotlight never automatically connects and takes forever figuring out. Its total crap.

06-08-2023 01:26:49

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User