Camera notifications whilst in disarm mode

Hi,

I know similar questions have been asked, but I haven’t seen one that answers my question.

I have the ring alarm and a number of security camera. What I would like is whilst the alarm is in disarmed mode that there cameras and doorbell, record motion as normal, but not to notify me.

Once I change the alarm to Home or Away, then push notifications to come through.

Is this possible or can this be added to the wishlist please?

Good question, @NJA! You should be able to obtain this through the Modes feature. Modes will allow you to control your Alarm and Camera devices easily in the Ring app. You can customize 3 different Modes for your Video Doorbells and Cameras, and then change your modes easily for all your Ring devices in the Ring app. Check out our help center article for more tips on using Modes.

When altering your Modes to do exactly what you desire, if the option is not there for notifications, try also using the Motion Scheduling feature to schedule times to not receive alerts. Combining features and settings in the Ring app is the best way to get the most out of your ‘Ring of security’.

Thanks for the info, whilst I have set up schedules this doesn’t really solve the issue.

If my alarm is disarmed I don’t want to receive notifications for my outside cameras, but still want to record.

If the alarm is in home or away mode I want to record and receive notifications.

This makes sense, @NJA. Thank you for that clarification. It looks like the disarmed mode would indeed prevent recordings and notifications, thus perhaps Snooze might be a better feature when possible. While it’s not automatic with modes, motion snooze is a quick and easy way to silence alerts from all of your Ring devices with one press.

As we always value our neighbors’ feedback, feel free to request any specific features on our Feature Request Board. This way other neighbors can share their interest in one place, that we can organize and share with our teams here. :slight_smile:

I need this feature as well. I do not want to stop motion recordings at any time, but I do not want to snooze or change settings each time I visit my second home. All I want is to have notifications when the alarm is armed in home or away, but when the alarm is disarmed, NO NOTIFICATIONS. This doesn’t seem like a difficult integration to the software, so PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE add this.

2 Likes

I have the same problem as NJA! I currently have the outdoor cameras set with the motion on at all times but notifications set to come on by a schedule set for 7PM to 7AM. My question is, is there a way to override the schedule so that I will receive notifications whenever the alarm is set to “Away” or “Home”? Seems to me that a software/firmware update could solve this issue!

1 Like

I completely want this feature too! I’ve been on a bunch of different forums and manually have to temporarily snooze everyday is not an acceptable resolution vs the wonderful schedule feature. I agree with Gijohn that this could easily be solved with a firmware update. Hey Ring developers, just give us the option in Modes to override schedules and/or even the capability of doing by individual devices.

This is a needed update. I hope Ring listens and makes this possible. Who would want notifications all day of their kids and dogs moving around their house? We want these notifications only when we’re not home, but we also want recordings at all times just in case something happens when we are home and want to go back and check the cameras. Makes the most sense to me, for Ring to work this way but it’s not possible.

Is there any update on this?
I am new to ring and this is incredibly frustrating

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.