Camera not working

Hi everyone - I have a stick up security camera. Battery fine, light sensor working, wifi absolutely fine, camera well within range of router. However, the camera itself has never connected to my phone in live view, not once. Am I meant to sign up to some sort of service to get the camera to work - or is it a plain dud camera that needs to be returned to the shop? Appreciate any advice - a bit sick of trying to get it to work!

Hi @Jgei! Are you at least getting motion event alerts/ recordings in event history? This will be a good indicator that your Camera is indeed online. Once confirmed that the Camera is online, the next best thing to check is mobile device and Ring app connection.

Try removing and reinstalling the Ring app on your mobile device. I recommend also closing other apps on the mobile device, disabling VPN, and test on wifi only or cell data only. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

My camera is not picking up live video and it was before. It is saying that it’s on line, the battery is charged, wifi is strong and working. It is notifiying me of motion and activitiy but no video or picture at all. All images are just black. The blue ring is not lit and it appears the camera is not functioning. However, it is communicating with the app so that’s not the issue.

It definitely sounds like your Camera is online, and should be delivering video as intended if all other functions are working. I recommend taking a look at our ports and protocols article, to see if this will help you obtain video.

If you had video before on the same network, try resetting the Camera by holding the setup button for 20 seconds. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

@Marley this seems to be a common issue will you please acknowledge this problem and at least say you are working on a fix.