Camera not connecting

Since 14th jan my ring camera won’t connect. I have tried reset WiFi etc and it just doesn’t connect. I have spent roughly 2 hours each day. Have back problems now as going up and down the ladder has increased my back pain.
I have always had issues with it. It worked for 2 days and then stopped working for a day or 2. Live camera hardly works.
I feel it has been waste of my money. Even annual payment is waste as nothing is recorded.
Customer support are not very supportive.
This is suppose to make life easier and provide security. Yet I’m putting my safety at risk by climbing up and down that ladder to turn it off and on.
There has been no logic behind it. What about those people who are disabled and are unable to climb ladders? How do they fix these issues.

Can Ring customer support help and improve this.

I am unable to climb that ladder again. How do I connect the camera again. It’s been 4 days it hasn’t worked.
Who is liable if something bad happens and I have no evidence because ring is down? Who will pay for the damages because I am paying ring for a service that I am clearly not receiving.

Sorry to hear about this experience, @Safia12! The setup of a Ring device is designed and intended to be quick and easy via the Ring app, but also securely via the setup button on the Camera. Once it is connected, another setup should not be necessary. As it sounds like this was successfully setup, it should remain connected as long as power and wifi signal is sufficient. Checking your Device Health and RSSI is a great first step in ensuring for an optimal connection. In regards to power, please ensure the standard outlet used to power your Camera is not also controlled by a light switch that is commonly flipped in the home.

These suggestions will help to discover a possible cause and solution, but a more long term solution to prevent this from happening confidently will be best found with our support team. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Additionally, if you are interested in more hands on installation assistance, check out our help center article regarding Amazon Home Services. Keep in mind, this service is for installing the Camera and not for troubleshooting. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Thank you, after about 50 attempts it finally worked but unfortunately now stopped working again. I’ve used boosters to connect to wifi. I am with virgin media. The best WiFi they offer.
I noticed now the camera is not working again and it says it’s connected.
Also the videos recorded are all black.

Not sure why I bothered with it and why I’m paying for it to be recorded when it is clearly not working.