Camera going offline multiple times a day

I don’t know why but my camera keeps going offline. It’s on battery. Charged anywhere from 30-99% when this has happened. Wifi setup is literally on the other side of the door the camera is on. This isn’t helpful as every time this happens I have to remove the camera from the door, hold the button down and go through the whole reset process. It’s hardly security when this happens day and night. I also don’t seem to get any notification of it. I only notice when I open the app to check on my house. If it’s offline when I’m not home, I have nothing watching my house until I get home and set it up all over again. Help?

Hi @user22968. Which model of Ring Doorbell or Security Camera do you have? You can find the model name on the original packaging or on the Device Health page. Additionally, what is the RSSI listed as for your Doorbell or Camera? There are various factors that can cause wifi interference outside of distance alone, and the RSSI will tell us the strength of the wifi connection that your Ring device is receiving.

Hi.

RSSI is 57.
Stick up cam 3rd gen
Firmware is up to date.

We have had our cameras for years and never had this problem. It’s just been in the last few months, and only this one. The most important one.

Also when I do reconnect it, it takes several attempts to get it to do so. An average of 6-9 minutes for the process. This doesn’t seem right.

@user22968 Thank you for sharing that information. If you haven’t done so recently, reboot your router and make sure the firmware on it is fully updated. When you reset the Stick Up Cam, make sure you are holding down the setup button for at least 20 seconds. Then take the Camera through a completely new setup in the Ring app using the steps under Set Up a Device.

If it keeps falling offline, I’d recommend following up with our support team at one of the numbers available here so they can take a deeper look. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

This is not much of an answer. I’ve been dealing with the same issues for the past couple of months. Doorbells work great but the stick up cam keeps dropping the internet. And all of the above request have been done. Need a real answer please.

Hi @Scheuer72834. If you have tried the steps mentioned in this thread and are still having the same concern, reach out to our support team for further assistance.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.