Camera Fish eye view on ring pro

Hello

I just wanted to confirm the camera on ring is always on fish eye view - the marketing ad etc shows it’s a square view (like a normal digital camera) but mine shows fish eye view and I can’t see any settings to change it. Can someone confirm this?

2 Likes

Hey @todaymorning04. Do you mind showing us a picture of what the view looks like for your Ring Pro? Just want to ensure it is the proper image look! :slight_smile:

Hi @Chelsea_ring, attached. You can see it’s like a “circle” on the view.

1 Like

Hi Chelsea_Ring

Attached. As you can see the view is like a “circle”. Just wanted to know if this is how the view will be or can be altered like a normal digital camera view.

Hello

I messaged twice there is no response. Could someone guide me please?

@todaymorning04 Thanks for getting back to me! Apologies that I couldn’t get back to you before I headed out for the weekend. I’m actually going to have a second look over this image with someone from my advanced technical team, just to ensure it is fine. I’ll make sure to get back to you shortly with an update!

@todaymorning04 After taking a look at your picture, you’re all good and have no need to worry! That is in fact how it should look.

The black bars on the side of the picture may have been throwing you off, as they do accentuate the fish eye look you see. This is because the image the Doorbell Pro gives is in an aspect ratio of 16:9 for the image size, and your device’s screen may be larger and have an image size that can show up to 21:9 or higher as the aspect ratio. Just wanted to give you that little extra bit of information if that helps clear it up for you!

It Is 2020 almost 2021… and there is zero reason why the app is not capable of proper digital fisheye correction. Ridiculous. And yes there is a reason to worry if the developers cannot see the benefit of non-fisheye distorted video.

4 Likes

I concur. Automatic fisheye correction should be built in… shouldn’t even be a question. Not having that integrated already is simply lazy.

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing your experiences with the Community, neighbors! As we always value our neighbors’ feedback, feel free to add this request on our Feature Request Board. This way other neighbors can share their interest in one place, that we can organize and share with our teams here. :slight_smile:

I searched the feature request board. The Fisheye correction feature even though requested it was NOT in the list to upvote. Fisheye correction should be easy to do. Everybody else does it. You have request here dating back 3 years. Really and presume you must have just deleted the request. Not cool.

I have the same problem with fisheye on the ring flood pro wired. Paying as much money as these cost they should be able to provide a non fisheye distorted image. Please fix this. Ive just purchased 2.

I agree with this proposal!
My cameras ar set high and they have vast open area, and the fisheye effect + lot of unwanted area capured.
Would be very useful to be able to reduce the ratio and allow less capturing angle, image would be greatly improved!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.